Gastritis is a condition which causes irritation, inflammation and pain in the stomach and in the digestive tract. While the symptoms may vary a little from person to person, many tend to face symptoms like heart burn, stomach pain, bloating and nausea or vomiting. Strawberries are rich in folate, potassium, magnesium, dietary fiber and magnesium. It also has good amounts of Vitamin C. Vitamin C has properties that can absorb calcium and iron better. This vitamin can improve digestion and can help to treat gastritis. Strawberries contain lot of anti-oxidants and free radicals that can help to improve immunity in kids and adults alike.
The leaves of strawberry plant can treat gastritis and the fruit can not only cure the condition but can also prevent the occurrence of gastritis again.
Certain cases of gastritis are due to the consumption of alcohol. Studies have shown that strawberries can cure such cases of gastritis and heart burn as well.
In this recipe, we use the leaves of strawberries and the fruit to make a mild tea and cure gastritis. You can also add a small piece of ginger or a few mint leaves since both these ingredients can treat heart burn, GERD and gastritis effectively.
- 10-15 Strawberry leaves
- 1 Strawberry
- 250 ml Water
- You will need one fresh strawberry and a few leaves of the plant.
- Wash the leaves and place them in a teapot infuser.
- Slice a strawberry and place that in the infuser.
- Pour boiling hot water over the leaves and the fruit.
- Cover the teapot with a lid. Allow the ingredients to steep for a while.
- Squeeze the fruit to get an extract.
- Remove the infuser.
- Pour into a cup.
- Enjoy the mild tea!