Betel leaves have been used in Ayurveda and Sidha medicinal practices since ancient times. It has many curative properties in it. Betel leaves are rich in vitamin C, thiamine, niacin, riboflavin and carotene. They are also a great source of calcium. Betel leaves cure sore throat, aids digestion, promotes weight loss and reduces joint pain.
Now let’s see how to use Betel leaf to cure sore throat. Follow the simple instructions in this DIY
- 2 Betel leaves
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 5 or 6 Black pepper corns
- To cure sore throat, all you need is honey, pepper corns and fresh betel leaves.
- First, place black pepper corns in a clean and dry mortar.
- Crush it well.
- Add freshly crushed pepper corns to honey.
- Mix well to form a thick paste.
- Clean the betel leaves. Place one leaf on top of the other. Now, place the honey-pepper paste on the center of the top leaf.
- Once you place the paste in the center, fold the leaf. Eat it as it is.
- Eat the leaf by chewing slowly, so that the extract from it passes slowly through the throat.