Stomach disorder or stomach ache are very common that everyone experiences this awful scenario at least once in their life. An upset stomach can be caused by number of reasons. It may be food poisoning, indigestion, overeating, heartburn, constipation, infection, allergic reaction, lactose intolerance or frequent use of medication. Here is a simple home remedy to treat stomach disorders.
Take two teaspoons of these 6 ingredients – long pepper, ajwain, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, black Pepper, dry ginger. Dry roast all ingredients. Add one teaspoon asafoetida and Salt. Grind into a powder. Mix 1 teaspoon of this powder in 2 teaspoons of sesame oil and consume daily morning. This will cure all digestion related disorders.
All ingredients provide great relief from stomach related problems.
Long pepper is good for stomach upset caused by contaminated food. It contains soothing properties which can treat indigestion and all the other stomach related problems.
- Ajwain is considered a best remedy for gas, flatulence, stomach ache and indigestion. Ajwain or carom seed has many health and medicinal benefits. Carom seeds have anti-hyperacidity properties thus cures both acidity and hyperacidity.
- Cumin seed have natural capacity of helping the food to get digested. Consuming one teaspoon of raw cumin seeds on regular basis can treat nausea, stomach pain, acidity, flatulence, diarrhea and all other problems that are caused by stomach disorder. It helps to stimulate and release of vital enzymes in the body, these enzymes are extremely important for digestion and control of acidity.
- Fennel seeds are extremely popular as an aid to digestion. It contains the compounds like anethole, estragole and fenchone appear to have anti-spasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties that help relax contracted intestinal muscles and allow trapped gas to dissolve. Also it stimulate bile for better digestion and treats many digestive problems like bloating, gas and cramps.
- Asafoetida contains anti-inflammatory, anti-spasmodic, antioxidant, and antiflatulent properties that helps treat stomach disorders like intestinal gas, intestinal worms, indigestion, flatulence, upset stomach and irritable bowel syndrome.
Dry ginger – Names in other languages:
- Scientific name – Zingiber officinale
- English – Dry ginger
- Hindi – Sonth
- Sanskrit – Sunthi
- Malayalam – Chukku
- Bengali – Sonth
- Tamil – Sukku
- Kannada – Shunti
- Telugu – Sonti
Long pepper – Names in other languages
- Scientific name – Piper longum
- English – Long pepper
- Hindi – Pipli
- Sanskrit – pippali
- Malayalam – Tippali
- Bengali – Pipal
- Tamil – Thippili
- Kannada – Hippali
- Telugu – Pippallu
Fennel seed – Names in other languages
- Scientific name – Foeniculum vulgare
- English – Fennel seed
- Hindi – Saunf
- Sanskrit – Madhurika
- Malayalam – Perunjeeragam
- Bengali – Radhuni
- Tamil – Sombu
- Kannada – Badi-sopu
- Telugu – Sopu
Carom seeds – Names in other languages
- Scientific name – Trachyspermum ammi
- English – Carom seed
- Hindi – Ajwain
- Sanskrit – Ajwan
- Malayalam – Ayamodagam
- Bengali – Jowan
- Tamil – Omam
- Kannada – Ajwana
- Telugu – Vaamu
Cumin seeds – Names in other languages
- Scientific name – Cuminum cyminum
- English – Cumin seeds
- Hindi – Jeera
- Sanskrit – Jiraka
- Malayalam – Jeerakam
- Bengali – Jeera
- Tamil – Jeeragam
- Kannada – Jeerige
- Telugu – Jeelakari
Here is the recipe.
- 2 teaspoons Long pepper
- 2 teaspoons Black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Carom seeds (Omam)
- 2 teaspoons Cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons Fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon Asafoetida
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Small piece Dry ginger
- 2 teaspoons Sesame oil
- Use long pepper, black pepper, carom seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, asafoetida, salt, dry ginger and sesame oil.
- Add two teaspoons of black pepper to pan.
- Add two teaspoons of long pepper.
- Add two teaspoons of fennel seeds.
- Add two teaspoons of cumin seeds.
- Add two teaspoons of carom seeds (ajwain).
- Add a small piece of dry ginger.
- Saute for two minutes in medium flame.
- Add all the ingredients to blender.
- Add one teaspoon asafoetida.
- Add one teaspoon of salt.
- Blend the ingredients well.
- Take one teaspoon of blender powder in a bowl.
- Add two teaspoons of sesame oil to it.
- Mix them well.
- Ready to consume.