This remedy shows how spider, wasps and other insect bites can be treated using home remedies. In Chinese and Indian medicine, Holy basil has even been used to treat snake bites due to their medicinal properties.
Holy Basil also has various other health benefits:
- A tea made using holy Basil can improve immunity, prevent respiratory disorders and clear chest phlegm.
- It can be used to reduce stress levels and to make the min and body feel energetic.
- Holy Basil can be crushed and applied on the skin to prevent mosquito bites. It is an effective natural mosquito repellent.
- Tulsi is a great remedy for various digestion related issues. A concoction made using Tulsi leaves and Cumin seeds can cure bloating, gas, indigestion and nausea.
- Tulsi is rich in anti-oxidants and is used to prevent various disorders and ailments.
- Traditionally, Tulsi has been used in the treatment of Asthma as well.
- Just chewing on 3-4 leaves of Tulsi a day can keep all digestive and respiratory functions healthy.
- Tulsi can be soaked in water overnight in a copper vessel. You can consume this water every morning to overcome fatigue and tiredness. This water is also very beneficial for pregnant women and children.
- Tulsi can cure infections on the skin. For this reason, a face pack made using Tulsi leaves can be used to treat acne and pimples on the face and back. The juice from Tulsi leaves can also be used to cure dark spots and scars due to acne.
- The seeds of Tulsi can be made into a tea and consumed to cure excessive urination or dysuria.
It is probably die to these amazing health benefits that Tulsi is considered and respected as a sacred plant in India.
Below is the detailed steps for the home remedy to treat wasp, spider and other insect bites using Holy Basil.
- 10 Tulsi leaves Holy basil
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Asafoetida Known as Hing in Hindi and Perungayam in Tamil
- To treat spider and wasp bites, you need fresh tulsi leaves, turmeric powder and asafoetida.
- Wash the leaves in water and place it in a mortar.
- Add few drops of water and crush the leaves well.
- Now add turmeric powder to the crushed leaves. You can also use fresh turmeric instead.
- Next, add asafoetida to the crushed leaves.
- Mix well and apply it on the affected area.