Nausea is a sensation of involuntary urge to vomit. Dried ginger and licorice serve as the best home remedy to treat nausea.
Ginger can be used in fresh or dried form, as both are good for nausea. Ginger promotes saliva secretion in the mouth and aids in proper digestion. The chemical compound called phenol in ginger helps to relax the stomach muscles and also reduces nausea. Ginger contains more than 14 bioactive substances and thus helps in better digestion.
Dry ginger – Names in other languages:
- Scientific name – Zingiber officinale
- English – Dry ginger
- Hindi – Sonth
- Sanskrit – Sunthi
- Malayalam – Chukku
- Bengali – Sonth
- Tamil – Sukku
- Kannada – Shunti
- Telugu – Sonti
The other ingredient – licorice also provides good relief to the stomach. The combination of dried ginger, licorice and honey gives you great relief from nausea.
Licorice – Names in other languages
- Scientific name – Glycyrrhiza glabra
- English – Licorice
- Hindi – Mulethi
- Sanskrit – Madhurika
- Malayalam – Iratti Madhuram
- Bengali – Yashtimadhu
- Tamil – Adhimadhuram
- Kannada – Atimadhura
- Telugu – Adhimadhuram
Here is the recipe.
- 10 grams Dried ginger
- 10 grams Licorice
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- Use dried ginger, licorice root and honey.
- Break/crush dried ginger and licorice into small pieces.
- Add the pieces of dried ginger and licorice to a blender.
- Blend the ingredients well.
- Sieve the powder.
- Take the sieved ginger and licorice powder in the bowl.
- Add one teaspoon honey.
- Mix all the ingredients well.