Most women suffer during their menstrual periods with menstrual cramps, bloating, and hormonal imbalance. Veldt grape (Pirandai) is one of the best home remedies to treat menstrual cramps. The organic compounds and anti-inflammatory properties in veldt grape (Cissus quadrangularis) can help to relieve cramping and discomforts during periods, reduce swelling, and irritation throughout the body.
Take two sticks of veldt grape (pirandai), curry leaves, red chilli, tamrind, and salt. Make veldt grape (pirandai) chutney or thuvaiyal and consume regularly to treat menstrual cramps. Veldt grape can be added in diet twice in a week helps treat indigestion, sprains, fracture, piles, and also helps in weight loss.
Veldt grape plant is itchy in nature. To prevent itchiness in the hands, rub your hands with a teaspoon of sesame oil and then clean it.
Veldt grape (Pirandai) health benefits:
- Veldt grape has the ability to stimulate the production of osteoblasts, which are cells in the body primarily responsible for bone growth. It is one of the best foods to strengthen the bones. It is considered as a home remedy to treat inflammation due to fracture. It heals the broken bones faster.
- Veldt grape has strong impact on metabolic factors in the body, thus bad cholesterol from the body and help protect cardiovascular system from heart attack, excess strain, stroke, and blood pressure.
- It helps to suppress the appetite, and at the same time stimulates the metabolism to burn weight calories in the body. It is considered as the best choice for reducing weight.
- Obesity is closely related with diabetes. Veldt grape plant’s role in weight loss also helps in regulating the blood sugar levels in the body. It not only regulates the blood sugar level, also ensures the insulin level remain optimal in the blood.
- This plant is rich in calcium, vitamin A, B, and C, steroids, triterpenoids, quadranglarines, flavanoids, and stilbenes. All these compounds helps to maintain healthy bones and teeth.
It (Veldt grape) has also been used for bone fractures, weak bones (osteoporosis), scurvy, cancer, upset stomach, hemorrhoids, peptic ulcer disease (PUD), painful menstrual periods, asthma, malaria, and pain.
MS Kumbhojkar; DK Kulkarni; AS Upadhye. Ethnobotany, 1991, 3, 21–25.
Adding this recipe to your regular diet gives a lot of health benefits. Follow the steps in this recipe.
- 2 Sticks Veldt grape (Pirandai)
- 2 Red chillies
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Tamarind (as required)
- 1 Cup Curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Sesame oil
- To make this thuvaiyal (type of Chutney), use veldt grape (pirandai), red chilli, tamarind, salt, curry leaves, and sesame oil.
- Take two sticks of veldt grape (pirandai).
- Chop them.
- Take one cup fresh curry leaves.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil to pan.
- Add two red chilli.
- Saute it in low flame and keep it aside.
- Add chopped pirandai to pan.
- Saute for two minutes.
- Add curry leaves to veldt grape (pirandai).
- Saute for one more minute and allow to cool.
- Add the sauted ingredients to blender.
- Add little tamarind.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Blend well.
- Veldt grape (Pirandai) thuvaiyal is done.