Green gram contains vitamin A, B, C, E, iron, calcium and potassium that are good for joint pain. Green gram helps in weight loss which in turn helps in curing arthritis in the long run. The protein and fiber content in green gram, helps to reduce bad cholesterol and improve the flexibility of arteries and veins.
Garlic has anti-inflammatory properties which makes it a good herbal medicine for joint pains. Regular consumption of garlic every day relieves arthritic pain and inflammation.
Follow the DIY recipe to know how to treat joint pains with green gram and garlic.
- 3 tablespoons Green gram (Approximately half cup)
- 5-6 Garlic cloves
- 2 glasses Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Use green gram, garlic cloves, water and salt.
- Take 5 to 6 garlic cloves and peel off the skin.
- Take 3 tablespoons of green gram (half cup approximately).
- Add water to it.
- Soak overnight.
- Add peeled garlic cloves to mortar.
- Crush well.
- Add 2 glasses of water to pan.
- Add soaked green gram to pan.
- Add crushed garlic.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Boil it for 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, transfer to a bowl.
- If you want, to add taste, you can add chopped curry leaves and coriander leaves.
- Mix it well.
- Its ready to eat!