Acne scars are the result of inflamed pimples and boils or marks caused when skin pores swell with excessive oil, dead skin cells and bacteria. Fenugreek leaves face mask is a simple home remedy to treat acne scars.
Fenugreek leaves are rich in vitamin A which treats major skin disorders like acne, psoriasis, eczema, and blackheads. It contains healing agents that treats wounds, sun burns and other minor injuries.
The antioxidant property called vitamin C in fenugreek leaves can protect skin from UV rays and prevents skin from wrinkles and fine lines.
Fenugreek leaves are rich in vitamin K thus helps to treat stretch marks, dark circles, fade scars, and spider veins.
Fenugreek leaves also have calcium, zinc, magnesium, selenium, and iron. All these minerals help treat minor to moderate skin problems.
Washing and rubbing your face with fenugreek leaves makes it easy for your skin to breathe and prevent infection causing bacteria.
Applying fenugreek leaves face mask topically reduces inflammation, minor burns, pimples, and other skin disorders. It prevents dark spots and lightens the skin. Fenugreek leaves face pack enhances the elasticity of the skin and one of the best home remedy for ageing signs.
Adding fenugreek leaves in diet gives amazing health benefits.
- Fenugreek leaves are good one to treat poor liver function and dyspepsia.
- It cures stomach problems like diarrhea, dysentery, gastric problems and other intestinal problems.
- Dried form of fenugreek leaves can be used as a mouth freshener.
- Soak fenugreek leaves in water overnight. Strain the water and consume in the morning. It reduces LDL cholesterol and triglycerides. Fenugreek leaves are beneficial to people who suffer from lipid fluctuations.
- Fenugreek leaves contain anti-diabetic properties thus controls glucose metabolism and treats type II diabetes.
- It also helps for good hair growth.
Methi (Trigonella foenum-graecum) paste also helps in getting rid of acne and its scars. Fresh leaves of fenugreek crushed and ground to form a fine paste could be applied on the face. Allow it to remain overnight and wash off in the morning.
NHP India, 2015. Busoor-e-Laba. [Online]
Available at: https://www.nhp.gov.in/busoor-e-labaniya-acne-vulgaris_mtl
Follow the instructions in this DIY to treat acne scars.
- 1 Cup Fenugreek leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Milk
- Water (as required)
- To make the face pack use fenugreek leaves, turmeric powder, milk and water.
- Take one cup fresh fenugreek leaves.
- Add the leaves to blender.
- Add little water.
- Blend well.
- Transfer to a bowl and add 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Add one teaspoon of milk to it.
- Mix them well.
- Fenugreek face pack is done.
- Apply this paste on your face and neck as a pack.
- Leave it for 45 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water.