Sweet has always been used in various cuisines for its distinct flavor and aroma. In Siddha and Ayurveda medicine, this leaf is treated as a herb and is used to cure respiratory disorders. In this specific remedy, we will focus on how and why Sweet Basil can be used to cure acne effectively.
Point to note
Although Sweet Basil like certain other herbs is an effective acne cure, if recurrence of acne has to be prevented, the problem should be diagnosed and cured.
Acne could be due to hormonal imbalance, PCOS, dirty or oily skin and so on. So identify if you have any other underlying problem to find a long lasting cure.
- 10 - 15 Sweet Basil leaves Thiruneetrupachilai in Tamil
- Small piece Fresh Turmeric
- To grind Water
- To make the paste use sweet basil (Thiruneetrupachilai) leaves and fresh turmeric.
- Take 10 to 15 fresh sweet basil leaves and place it on a grinding stone.
- Add a fresh piece of turmeric. Peel the skin of turmeric before that.
- Add very little water before grinding. The water is to make the paste smooth - do not make it runny or it will be difficult to apply.
- Grind into a smooth paste.
- Paste is done.
Directions for useApply this paste on the affected area, twice in a day. Repeat the same thrice in a week to cure acne.
Sweet basil for skin – benefits
Basil can fight bacteria due to the essential oils present in it.
It can also act as an anti-inflammatory agent and can be useful to reduce pain and inflammation as a result of acne. The leaves of acne can cure redness and can calm and soothe the skin.
Basil leaves can also by used to reduce puffiness of eyes. You can place fresh sweet basil leaves on the eye lids and leave it on for about 15 minutes. Doing this a couple of times a day can be beneficial to reduce puffy eyelids.
Sweet basil leaves are filled with anti-oxidants. They help to protect the skin from environmental pollutants and from UV rays.
This face pack can reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. Due to this reason, it is also effective an an anti-ageing face pack.
This remedy used leaves of sweet basil and fresh turmeric to fight acne. Those with oily skin can also add a pinch of chickpea flour to the paste to help clear skin well.
The complete anti-acne face back remedy with detailed steps in below.