Maintaining a good smooth hair is very difficult in this polluted environment. Using a natural hair mask can help you retain moisture and flaunt your beautiful hair. This DIY explains how to use natural ingredients to maintain soft shiny smooth hair in very simple steps. The ingredients in this hair mask are – egg yolk, mayonnaise and strawberry. Let us look into the benefits of each ingredient for hair.
Benefits of Strawberry: Strawberry is one if the nutritious fruits that is available all around the year. It has many vitamins and minerals that are highly essential for healthy hair. It prevents the growth of fungus and dandruff on your scalp. Strawberry also moisturizes the scalp and hair, which prevents dry hair and hair fall. Regular usage of strawberry on hair reduces the chances of thinning hair. It also exfoliates the hair follicles and stimulates hair growth.
Benefits of Egg yolk: Egg yolk contains plenty of protein and vitamins, that are very important for hair growth. the Vitamin A in egg yolk helps in moisturizing the scalp and hair follicle. Vitamin E in yolk protects the hair roots from damage caused by pollution. Vitamin D improves the texture and thickness of your hair. The essential fatty acids in yolk, moisturizes your hair and reduces coarseness. Regular usage of egg yolk improves hair health and growth of new hair.
Benefits of mayonnaise: Mayonnaise comprises of eggs, vinegar and natural oils that can boost shine and softness of your hair. Use of mayonnaise on hair can provide moisture, nourish your hair and also protects from the damage cause by styling products. It also reduces breakage of hair and protects from exposure to UV rays. Egg less mayonnaise can also be used, as we have already added egg to the hair mask.
When all these ingredients are mixed together and used as a mask on your hair, it boosts shine and health of your hair. Follow the simple steps in the DIY to prepare the same.
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 Strawberry
- 1 teaspoon Mayonnaise
- To prepare the hair mask, you need strawberry, mayonnaise and egg yolk.
- First, break the egg and extract only the egg yolk. Keep it aside.
- Chop strawberry into small pieces.
- Add chopped strawberry to a blender.
- Blend it to form a thick paste.
- Add the strawberry paste to egg yolk.
- Add mayonnaise to the egg yolk. Egg less mayonnaise can also be used.
- Mix well to form a thick paste and use it.
- Apply the paste on scalp and full length of the hair.
- Cover the hair with a shower cap.
- Leave the mask on hair for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Use mild shampoo and rinse it off with warm water.