Babies often get rashes on their inner thighs and buttocks due to usage of diapers. Their skin is extremely sensitive and even a minor irritation can result in severe rashes. It is always better to apply an anti-rash solution and then make the baby wear a diaper.
Chamomile has anti-bacterial, antiseptic and anti-fungal properties. Chamomile flowers are also hypoallergenic and hence can neutralize irritants of the skin. Due to this property, it can soothe skin and cure minor irritations or allergies.
Lavender can cure bacterial infections on the skin, acne, pimples and such skin conditions. Lavender also has properties that can heal skin irritations, minor wounds, cuts and sun burns. The properties present in lavender can moisturize skin and relieve skin from dryness. Lavender and chamomile when used together can cure skin conditions such as eczema.
Coconut oil has been used for centuries to keep skin and hair healthy. Although coconut oil has amazing benefits when consumed internally, it also has many benefits when applied topically. Coconut oil moisturizes skin in a natural way, it cures dryness, chapped skin, burns, wounds, irritations and allergies. Due to its penetrating properties, it is one of the best natural moisturizers.
Aloe vera is truly a gift from nature for healthy skin. It can cool and soothe the skin beautifully restoring moisture. It contains Auxin and Gibberellins – compounds that make aloe vera anti-inflammatory. It can cure various skin conditions including scabies, psoriasis and eczema. When consumed internally, aloe vera can cool the body and promote better health. It is also known to aid in weight loss. Aloe vera can be applied on the hair and scalp for naturally conditioning it and to stop loss of hair.
The bonus of this anti-rash solution is that it can keep your hands soft too!
Below is the recipe to make an anti-rash solution for babies at home.
- 1 tablespoon Dry lavender flowers
- 1 tablespoon Dry chamomile flowers
- 3 teaspoon Aloevera gel
- 2 teaspoon Coconut oil
- 50 ml Water
- Use coconut oil, fresh aloe vera extract, dried lavender and chamomile flowers and filtered water to make this anti-rash solution for babies.
- Take water in a pan. Use filtered water.
- Add the dried lavender flowers to water.
- Then add the dried chamomile flowers.
- Allow all the ingredients to boil together for a few minutes. Switch off and allow it to cool down for a while (At least 30 minutes)
- Strain the solution to get the clear extract,
- Pour the extract into a blender.
- Add coconut oil.
- Then add aloe vera gel.
- Blend all ingredients together.
- The anti-rash solution is now ready for use.