Deficiency of iron can result in reduced levels of hemoglobin. Although blood loss can also be a cause for reduced hemoglobin, most often iron deficiency is the cause. Extremely low levels of hemoglobin in the blood is a key symptom of anemia and it has to be addressed immediately. This smoothie made using apple, beetroot, ginger and honey has the right combination of phenols and anti-oxidants. In addition to providing energy for the day, this smoothie can improve hemoglobin levels in a natural way.
Health benefits of beetroot
Beets are rich in Potassium, vitamin C and fibre.
They are good for pregnant women due the presence of folate and can hence be a good salad option for pregnant mothers.
Beetroots can improve hemoglobin levels in children and adults. The best way would be to consume in the form of a juice.
Studies show that drinking beet juice can increase oxygen uptake and is hence healthy for the overall functioning of the heart. It also increases blood circulation.
Health benefits of apple
Apples are a store house of anti-oxidants and can help a great deal to improve immunity levels.
They are rich in flavanoids, photonutrients and fibers. These can help to improve overall health and can also be beneficial for those trying to lose weight.
Apples can reduce the chances of cancer, hyper tension and heart disease.
They blend well with beets and perfectly complements to enhance the flavour of the smoothie.
Health benefits of ginger
Ginger can help in digestion and to cure various disorders of the stomach.
Ginger juice can cure diarrhea and nausea.
It can regulate the high sugar levels in the blood.
It is rich in iron and can hence help to reduce symptoms of anemia.
This recipe below can help to improve hemoglobin levels and also improve hemoglobin levels. It is simple to make and can be consumed daily.
- 1/2 Beetroot (medium size)
- 1/2 Apple
- 1 Ginger (small piece)
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Honey
- Use fresh beetroot, apple, lemon and ginger to make this smoothie.
- Chop half an apple into medium sized pieces. You will be blending all ingredients; so the pieces do not have to be too small.
- Place the chopped pieces in a blender.
- Peel a small piece of ginger and chop it into small pieces.
- Add the ginger pieces to the blender.
- Peel and chop half a beetroot.
- Place all the ingredients in the blender.
- Blend together into a smoothie.
- Squeeze half a lemon into the smoothie.
- Add one or two teaspoons of honey into it.
- Blend again for a couple of second so that all the ingredients mix well.
- And ready to drink!