Peptic ulcer is an ulcer in the lining of the stomach. An ulcer in layman terms is a break or a wound in the stomach lining. There could also be bleeding and intense pain due to ulcers. Peptic ulcer could be due to various reasons including improper medications, poor eating habits or unhealthy diet and infection. Home remedies and a healthy diet can help to cure peptic ulcer naturally. Small onions or shallots are very healthy and can help to treat peptic ulcer naturally.
Shallots have cooling properties that can heal the wounds in the stomach lining and can help to cure the ulcer. Other foods that can help to heal ulcers are:
- Aloe vera
- Leafy greens
- Natural homemade curd
- Garlic oil
Shallots can also cure other related issues such as heart burn, GERD and piles or hemorrhoids. Shallots belong to the allium genus and as a result have shown excellent results in curing peptic ulcer. Garlic which is another allium vegetable has also exhibited similar properties. In case on non availability of shallots, ocasionally onions or garlic may also be used. White onions are most effective when it comes to treating piles.
Due to the cooling properties of aloe vera and the healing properties of coconut oil, the three ingredients that will be used in this recipe are shallots, aloe vera and coconut oil. If you are more patient, you can also extract coconut milk from fresh coconuts and use that in this recipe. I find coconut oil easier to use since organic coconut oil is available in stores and serves the purpose.
Palm sugar has been used in this recipe, again for its cooling properties. But honey also can be used instead. Ensure you use raw organic honey always.
Read the recipe below to make this simple shallots based home remedy and cure peptic ulcer.
- 5 or 6 Shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon Palm sugar You can also use honey instead.
- 2 teaspoon Aloevera gel
- 1 teaspoon Coconut oil
- To prepare shallots to treat peptic ulcer, you need shallots, coconut oil, aloevera gel and palm sugar.
- First, peel and chop shallots.
- Next, extract aloe vera gel.
- Add chopped shallots, aloevera gel, palm sugar and coconut oil to a pan.
- Switch on the flame and saute all the ingredients together.
- Once the ingredients are cooked well and the color has changed, switch off the flame.
- Consume it once it has cooled down.