Sesame seeds have long been used in Siddha and Ayurveda to treat menstruation related problems. This simple remedy using sesame seeds can cure amenorrhoea and induce periods. This remedy also works in mild cases of PCOS.
- You will need black sesame seeds and jaggery to make this laddu (ball shaped sweet). You can use powdered jaggery as well.
- Place black sesame seeds on a mortar. (You can also use a small blender to powder sesame seeds)
- Crush with a pestle.
- It needs to be crushed into smaller pieces and need not become a powder.
- Place 1 tablespoon of jaggery on the mortar. Both jaggery and sesame have qualities that produce heat and help to induce periods.
- Crush again.
- Crush till both the ingredients have blended well together into a coarse paste.
- Take a tablespoon of the paste in your palm and ball it up. This image will give you an idea of the size of each laddu.
- Done. This laddu is very tasty too!
Dosage: Consume 2 small laddus daily till you get your periods. Note - Drink lots of water when you are trying this remedy. You can also make the laddu with jaggery syrup and store the laddus in an air tight container for up to 2 months.