Pitta is the aspect in Ayurveda that basically deals with the metabolism of the body and the digestive system. Imbalance in pitta which is referred to as pitta dosha results in various health issues:
- Nausea and vomitting
- Headaches due to indigestion
- Premature graying of hair
- Excessive sweating
- Higher stress levels
- GERD or acid reflux, heart burn and associated symptoms
and so on.
Drinking lot of water, regularly consuming pitta balanced foods, avoiding chemicals as much as possible can all help to prevent pitta dosha. Light fruit juices, regular consumption of herbs and avoiding excess consumption of foods like peanuts can all help to prevent pitta dosha and stay healthy.
When a person has an imbalance of pitta, it stagnates in the body in the form of pitta water. This can be flushed out with good water consumption. But natural remedies can also help here.Rose petals contain good amounts of Vitamin C and help to build a healthy immune system. Although rose petals can be chewed on or can be consume in the form of a tea, during pitta imbalance these might cause nausea and vomiting.
Infusing milk with the decoction of fresh or dried rose flower petals is an excellent remedy to cure pitta imbalance in the body. In addition, you can also include dried ginger in your everyday cooking to prevent pitta dosha in the future. Both ginger root and dried ginger have properties that can enhance metabolism and digestion and prevent imbalance of pitta. All you need to do is sprinkle powdered ginger in your dishes while cooking.
Read the recipe below on how to use rose petals and milk to flush out pitta water from the body. Use cow’s milk for this preparation.
Note: This recipe is suitable for kids aged 5 years and above and adults.
- 1 fresh flower Rose Known as Paneer roja in Tamil
- 2 teaspoons Palm sugar
- 200 ml Milk
- Use cow's milk, fresh rose flower petals and palm sugar to make this health drink.
- Take the petals from a rose flower.
- Boil water in a vessel.
- Add the rose petals to water.
- Allow the petals to boil in water for some time (about 5-6 minutes).
- Switch off.
- Add palm sugar to the water.
- Separate the petals from the water.
- Pour the water into a glass.
- Add milk.
- Stir well.