Rice water contains many beautifying and health enhancing ingredients. Japanese and Asian women have used rice water for healthy hair and skin. Rice boiled water is rich in vitamins, minerals and amino acids which are essential for healthy hair and skin. It contains inositol a carbohydrate that helps in strengthening the hair and reduces surface friction. Rice water also contains a substance called oryzanol, which helps to resist UV rays from the sun and protects our skin.
Take a cup of white rice and boil in water for 15 minutes. Once the rice boiled, strain the water. Allow the water to cool down completely and now it is ready to apply on hair and skin.
You can use this rice water as a hair conditioner. Apply this rice water on hair and scalp thoroughly, let it stay for 15 minutes and then wash off with cold water or you can simply rinse your hair with this rice water to get extra shine, keep hair strong, and healthy.
The same rice water can be applied on face by using a cotton ball or pad into the liquid and do gentle massage for couple of minutes. Leave it for 15 to 20 minutes and make sure the skin really absorbs all of the good stuff. Wash off with cold water. Regular application of this cooked rice water tones your face, reduces wrinkles, keeps youthful skin, treats eczema and inflamed skin.
Regular application of this water of rice on hair and skin gives shiny hair and clear skin.
Drinking this water after it has cooled down has amazing health benefits too.
Drinking rice water in the morning really boosts your energy level. Even now farmers use to drink rice water before they start work in the fields.
Rice water plays an essential role in regulating the body temperature and prevents constipation, cancer and alzheimer’s disease.
It promotes muscle health, relieves diarrhea, relaxes body and mind.
Follow the simple steps below and know how to make rice water for healthy hair and skin.
- 1 Cup White rice
- 3 glasses Water
- To make the rice water, use white rice and water.
- Add 3 glasses of water to pan.
- Take a cup of white rice, clean and add to pan.
- Boil the rice for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Once the rice boiled well, switch off the flame.
- Allow it to cool a bit and strain the rice water.
- Rice water (known as Vadi kanji in Tamil) is done. Allow the water to cool down completely before using it.
- Apply this rice water on hair as a hair conditioner.
- Leave it for 10 minutes and rinse off with water for extra shine and strong roots.
- You can also apply rice water on your face and massage gently.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes and wash off.
- Regular use of rice water on face gives clear skin.