Excessive facial hair can be removed using many modern methods such as threading, waxing, and permanent removal by using laser technology. Instead of such methods, a simpler home remedy that can be used is a paste using Indian nettle (Kuppaimeni leaves).
Indian nettle is a popular herb for various skin problems. The leaves contain many medicinal properties in it. Indian nettle leaves have anti-microbial, emetic, expectorant, anti-parasitic, anthelmintic, anodyne, hypnotic and wound healing properties, thus makes the leaves perfect remedy for unwanted hair. The leaves have properties that gradually thins the hair that grows out, and makes them to fall out.
Names in other languages:
- Scientific name – Acalypha indica
- English – Indian nettle or Indian Copperleaf
- Hindi – kuppi
- Sanskrit – harita manjari
- Malayalam – kuppameni
- Bengali – mukta jhuri
- Tamil – kuppaimeni
- Kannada – kuppugida
- Telugu – harita manjari
Take 30 to 40 fresh Indian nettle leaves and grind well along with 1 teaspoon baking soda, 2 teaspoons wild turmeric powder and 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Make the paste and apply on the areas of excess hair. Wash off after 30 minutes. Repeat this process daily for 1 month to see results.
Baking soda and wild turmeric powder acts as a face scrub, it leaves the skin blemish free in addition to removing unwanted facial hairs. Wild turmeric contains many medicinal properties that help treat acne, pimples, infections, boils and other skin problems effectives and it makes the skin looks beautiful. The anti-bacterial properties of wild turmeric is a gift of nature.
Follow the simple below DIY and know how to make Indian nettle face pack to remove unwanted facial hairs.
- 30-40 Indian Nettle leaves Known as Kuppaimeni in Tamil
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 2 teaspoons Wild turmeric powder Known as Kasthuri manjal in Tamil
- 1/2 Lemon
- Water (as required)
- To make this hair removal pack, use Indian nettle (Kuppaimeni) leaves, wild turmeric powder, baking soda, lemon and water.
- Take 30 to 40 fresh Indian nettle (Kuppaimeni) leaves.
- Add the leaves to blender.
- Add one teaspoon of baking soda.
- Add two teaspoons of wild turmeric powder.
- Add some water before blending.
- Blend well.
- Transfer the contents to a bowl and squeeze half a lemon to it.
- Mix it well.
- Indian nettle herbal hair removal paste is done.
- Apply this paste on the areas of excess hair.
- Leave it for 30 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water.
- Repeat daily once for one month to see the results.