Gestational diabetes is a common type of diabetes that affects pregnant women. Gestational diabetes has no proven cure and the ideal approach would be to manage it in a natural way. Here is the simple natural remedy to treat gestational diabetes.
Take one tablespoon of fenugreek seeds, soak in water overnight. Next day morning, filter the fenugreek water. Dilute the fenugreek water with 500 ml of water and drink that water in small portions throughout the day and chew the fenugreek and consume.
Fenugreek seeds contain fibre, protein, iron, carbohydrates, copper, magnesium, manganese, vitamin A and calcium. The seeds are also have chemical compounds that may slow digestion process and the body’s absorption of carbohydrates and sugar. It increases the amount of insulin release, and improves the body’s sugar usage level. Regular consumption of this fenugreek water can lower the blood sugar in people with diabetes. So if you are struggling with gestational diabetes, fenugreek water can help fight it.
Fenugreek health benefits:
- Many women suffer from breast pain during pregnancy due its enlargement. Take one tablespoon of fenugreek and steep in water. Drink the concoction every day to get relief.
- Fenugreek seeds are known to increase contractions and make the labor process quick.
- Fenugreek is good to increase breast milk production. It is a proven home remedy for increasing breast milk supply.
- As it is rich in fibre, it helps improve digestion, and treats constipation, diarrhea and other stomach problems. It is also good for stomach pain, and cramps.
- It treats inflammation and gastrointestinal ailments. Fenugreek improves overall metabolism and health.
- Fenugreek helps to treat sore throat cough and pain.
- Regular consumption of fenugreek helps to lower cholesterol level and prevents various diseases like heart attack, atherosclerosis, and strokes.
Follow the below simple steps and know how to treat gestational diabetes with fenugreek water.