Dengue is a viral disease of the blood which affects the entire body. Dengue is transmitted to human body through mosquito bites. The symptoms are sudden high fever, severe pain in the joints and muscles, nausea, vomiting, severe headache, pain behind the eyes, and skin rash. If not treated properly it may even cause death.
Night jasmine (Pavalamalli in Tamil) leaves have been used in Ayurveda to cure many diseases like chronic fever, sciatica, cough, dengue fever, rheumatism, constipation, anxiety, arthritis, skin diseases and parasitic worms. The leaves extract is bitter in taste and used as tonic.
Night jasmine acts as an analgesic, anesthetic, and anti-allergenic. It contains nutrients like alkaloids, anthocyanins, and ascorbic acid. Night jasmine is highly effective against dengue when combined with ginger. Take 5 to 6 nigh jasmine leaves, a small piece of crushed ginger, one teaspoon of palm sugar, add all the ingredients in a glass of water and boil for few minutes. Strain the water and take one teaspoon every half hour for next 12 hours, this will cure dengue fever. The leaves have the ability to produce platelets and soon the platelet count will increase.
Night jasmine is a medicinal plant having lots of medicinal properties used to treat various ailments.
- The leaves are effective against fever, high blood pressure and diabetes. The fresh leaves are boiled in mustard oil is useful in treating ringworm. The leaves extract mixed with salt can treat intestinal worms.
- The white and orange aromatic flowers are useful in preventing gas formation, aids in digestion, prevents excess bile secretion by liver and cures cough.
- The flowers extract is also used as a perfume.
- The stem bark is useful to treat rheumatic joint pain and malaria.
- Seeds have anti-bacterial, antileishmanial, immunomodelatery Grind the seeds and apply on scalp to treat dandruff.
Here is the recipe.