A mother’s body right after child birth requires certain additional nutrition to recover well. In India, it is a practice to prepare a nutritious supplement for every mother to support her body during the post natal stage. In this remedy, a postnatal nutritious powder is made using coconut, poppy seeds, dry ginger powder, jaggery and pumpkin seeds. This powder can be safely consumed by all breastfeeding mothers since it is also good for the health of the feeding baby.
Health benefits of Ayurvedic Postnatal supplement
- Provides Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs) which are an excellent source of nutrition for the brain. It helps to improve brain power.
- Prevents piles, hemorrhoids and other digestive problems away. Dry ginger works to keep metabolism perfect for the mother and the baby.
- Helps to prevent respiratory disorders such as cough, cold and flu.
- Is good to enhance the supply of breast milk. Poppy seeds are in fact one of the best natural ways to improve lactation. In many parts of India, this preparation is made using clarified butter (ghee) to enhance its taste and to promote breast milk production in new mothers.
- Increases mind and body energy levels. This helps to prevent depression in many cases and makes the mother stronger to handle the challenges of motherhood.
- Contain good amounts of phytosterols and anti-oxidants. This helps to build immunity in the little one and the mother.
- Has excellent amounts of iron, calcium and zinc. Hence making this the best supplement after child birth.
In addition to this supplement, new mothers should also try to get sleep whenever possible, drink plenty of water and ensure they have good bowel movements. If they find even a hint of getting constipated, they should follow a harmless home remedy to make it right.
Here is the recipe for making a nutritious post natal supplement the natural way, at home.