A herbal tea made with pomegranate flowers can have excellent benefits for health. the bright orange flowers that bloom abundantly during the flowering season can be saved. These flowers are then sun dried and then the sun dried flowers are used to make a herbal pomegranate tea. Pomegranate tea is known to be beneficial for heart health, to reduce diabetes and its symptoms and for overall health.
The key benefits of pomegranate flower tea are:
- Pomegranate flowers have astringent effects and can be used to prevent acne. A toner or face pack made using pomegranate flowers is excellent for skin health.
- Spots on the skin can be treated using the extract obtained from pomegranate flowers.
- The herbal tea made using these flowers helps to control diarrhea and drinking the tea in small doses can help to cure the condition.
- Dried pomegranate flower powder can be used in the preparation of a herbal tooth powder. The flowers can cure cure gingivitis and is good for oral health.
- Can cure diabetes by regulating blood sugar levels.
- Excellent for heart health.
- Effective in the treatment of migraines and minor headaches.
The recipe shown here used dried pomegranate flowers, water and raw honey to make a simple herbal tea. You can also infuse a small stick of cinnamon to enhance its taste.
Those who do not have a teapot, can make it using a stove. Here are the steps:
- Boil water in a vessel.
- Add the flowers to the boiling water.
- Allow the flower to boil in water for about a minute.
- Switch off.
- Allow the tea to become warm.
- Strain (Do not strain too much or the tea would become bitter)
- Add honey and drink.
Here is the recipe if using a teapot.