When you need to keep your skin clean and bright, you definitely need to use a face scrub, once a week. Scrubbing your face gently can make you get smooth texture and improved tone. There are many cosmetic facial scrub and body scrub products available in the market. But when you choose natural products for the same purpose, there are no side effects caused, yet you get a beautiful skin.
This DIY recipe explains how to use oatmeal, almond oil and honey, as a face scrub in simple steps. First let us look into the benefits of oatmeal, almond oil and honey for skin.
Benefits of oats for skin
- Oats contain good amounts of anti-oxidants that help to reduce free radicals and keeps your skin fresh. It also helps in slowing down the aging process.
- Vitamin E in it helps to maintain skin health and improves texture. The essential vitamin and acids in it, boosts the tone.
- When mixed with the right ingredients, it can absorb excess oil produces by skin. In short, it can keep your skin fresh. People who suffer from oily skin can find relief by regularly using oatmeal face scrub and pack.
- Oats scrub acts as an cleansing agent. It gently cleanses the skin by flushing the toxins and dirt form pores. Aids in reduction of acne and pimples effectively, as the clogged pores are cleared.
- Helps to hydrate the skin and prevents dryness. When mixed with the right ingredients, oats can hydrate and moisturize the skin. This can be very helpful during winters, when usually skin becomes dry.
- The coarse texture helps to remove dead skin cells. Gently exfoliates the skin and removes unwanted dirt along with dead cells, that makes the skin fresh.
- It provides skin lightening effects when used on a regular basis. It also removes scars, tan and pimple marks.
- Protects the skin from pollution by creating a layer on the skin. The essential oil and acids in it, helps to protect the skin from pollutants and harmful UV rays.
Benefits of Almond oil for skin
Almond oil is very beneficial when it comes to the health and beauty of skin.
- They are rich in Vitamin E and antioxidants, that keeps the skin fresh and bright.
- The anti-inflammatory property in it helps to reduce inflammation and swelling that occurs on the skin surface due to any irritation. This oil can be mixed with any other home made ingredients or oils for regular use.
- This oil can be applied externally to treat rashes.
- It can keep the skin soft and supple when used on a regular basis.
- Almond oil can be used for all skin types.
- It can protect the skin from pollutants, UV rays and dust/dirt when exposed to rough environments.
- It can gently cleanse the skin by removing debris.
- This oil energizes skin cells and helps to regenerate new cells when applied on the skin overnight.
- Almond oil can help you slow down the aging process by reducing skin damage.
- It is also used in the treatment of eczema and psoriasis since ancient times.
- Almond oil also provides skin lightening effects when used regularly.
- It also treats skin damage on the lips, also called as chapped lips.
Benefits of Honey for skin
Hone is one of the most naturally available ingredients that is used for many purposes – culinary, beautification and medicinal purposes.
- Raw honey is a powerful anti-bacterial by nature, which helps in treatment and prevention of acne.
- It is rich in anti-oxidants that helps to prevent and eliminate free radicals from your skin.
- Honey can help you boost skin health in general.
- The hydrating effects help you moisturize skin and prevents dryness.
- Since it a rich source of anti-oxidants, it slows down the aging process and helps you look younger.
- It helps to clean clogged pores by removing debris and prevents the occurrence of pimples.
- Regular use helps to refresh the skin and improves texture. It also helps to maintain supple skin.
- It reduces acne and pimple marks, along with scars on the facial skin.
- Honey can be combined with may other ingredients to boost its functioning. It also helps in reduction of tan when combined with other skin lightening ingredients.
- Internal consumption of honey also helps in maintaining healthy skin, along with other health benefits it provides.
This scrub can be used for all skin types although it provides the best results for dry and combination skin. Almond oil present in the scrub gives you radiant and glowing skin. It also acts as a moisturizer and can be part of your winter skincare routine.
Follow the simple instructions in this DIY recipe to prepare the face scrub using oats, almond oil and honey. We would recommend regular use of the scrub to gain utmost benefits from it.
Have a happy and glowing skin!