Avarampoo (Tanner’s Cassia) is a bright yellow flower from the legume tree, senna auriculata . Various parts of the tree provide different health benefits. The flower is used for its particular benefits in the treatment of diabetes, fever, urinary disorders, constipation, conjunctivitis, rheumatism, gout and gonorrhea.
The flower is the most used part of the tree for its saponin content and antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. Some of the distinct health benefits of the flower when consumed internally are:
- Dry powder is used to prepare herbal tea by diabetics, as it controls the blood sugar level.
- Herbal tea of the flower regulates menstrual cycle.
- Being a natural laxative, the flower facilitates easy bowel movement and prevents constipation.
- Urinary disorders, particularly in women, are cured by consumption of the flower extract.
- The detoxifying potential of the flower excretes harmful toxins from the body.