Lotus flower is one of the beautiful flowers one can ever admire. The beautiful pink color flower is named as the National flower of India and Vietnam. Lotus is also used in many cultural and traditional practices for sacred events. This flower has many health benefits when consumed internally and applied externally. In Ayurveda. the petals of the flower are used to tighten pores on the facial skin. This nutrients in lotus petals not only tighten pores , it can also control the sebum level production and delay aging.
Lotus flower and roots contains a good amount of minerals and vitamins that is essential for a healthy body. They are rich in potassium, iron, manganese, copper, phosphorous, zinc and protein. They also contain vitamin C and vitamin B6, thiamine, pantothenic acid and traces of dietary fiber.
Benefits of lotus flower for health and skin:
- The iron and copper in lotus flower helps to boost blood circulation by increasing the number of RBC (red blood cells). It also helps to prevent cardiovascular issues.
- The dietary fiber in it helps to maintain a healthy bowel and aids smooth digestion.
- The high amount of Vitamin C in it helps to boost immunity and also helps to have a healthy skin.
- Anti-oxidants in lotus flower helps to eliminate free radicals and works as an anti-aging component.
- The water content helps to moisturize the skin and prevents dryness.
- Vitamin A in lotus flower and roots helps to maintain a healthy skin and good vision.
This DIY recipe explains how to use lotus flower along with milk to tighten the pores on the facial skin and neck. This will help you have a clear and glowing skin when used regularly. Follow the simple instructions in this DIY recipe to prepare the mix using lotus petals and milk.