Leucorrhoea is excessive white discharge from the vagina. Some women have white discharge after or before menopause, some have white discharge before periods. All these are normal and one needn’t worry. But when the white discharge is excessive, it is smelly and does not reduce in a few days, it means a need for treatment is required. There are various natural remedies to treat excessive white discharge or leucorrhoea.
The smelly or thick discharge could be due to a yeast infection – this is mostly the case. But other causes could be:
- Inflammation in the urinary tract
- PID (Pelvic inflammatory disease) which is although not too common could occur in some women
- During pregnancy (Do check if you’re pregnant before you take up any natural or home remedy)
- Bacterial or parasitic infection.
- Imbalance in estrogen levels in the female body.
The sacred lotus and its various parts are used in medicines and in various cuisines for its delicious taste. The root, petals, and stem of the lotus are the most often used parts of the sacred lotus flower. In this remedy here, we use the stamen of lotus.
Here is a simple remedy to cure white discharge. The stamen of the sacred lotus can be used to make a mild tea. Drinking this tea regularly can help to cure
white discharge in time. But after about 6 – 7 days of trying this remedy, if you still do not find a cure, consult with a certified naturopathy practitioner or a doctor to treat the issue.