Lotus (Scientific name: Nelumbo nucifera) is an excellent treatment for heart diseases. Both white and pink lotus are beneficial to cure a heart condition. The whole lotus plant is used traditionally for their medicinal properties. This includes the leaves, petals, root and seeds for he plant.
In addition, lotus has the below health benefits:
- Lotus petals can reduce the symptoms of impotency.
- A juice of lotus petals can cure diarrhea and relieve problems due to digestive issues.
- A decoction (kashayam in Tamil) can be used as a cardio tonic. This is made by boiling lotus petals in water. Once the decoction is ready, switch off and allow to become warm. Add a teaspoon of raw organic honey and drink. This is effective for adults across all ages.
- Lotus root is a delicacy in various cuisines and is known for its nutritive properties.
- The root of lotus can improve blood circulation, hemoglobin levels and energise the body. It is hence also useful for those with a heart condition.
- Both lotus petals and lotus root are known to regulate blood pressure. A tea made using these can be consumed thrice a week to regulate blood pressure levels.
- Lotus root is rich in vitamin C and works as a great immunity booster. Lotus root can be steamed or boiled, and can be given to children as a snack. Paprika or pepper can be sprinkled for added flavour.
- Lotus petals can be consumed along with garlic for added benefit.
- A decoction made using lotus petals can also cure excessive white discharge from he vagina (Leukorrhea).
This remedy used dried lotus flower to cure heart diseases. You can also blend the leaves into a fine powder and hen mix it in milk. Or you can just chew on the dried petals.
Below is the recipe.