Inflammation is the reactionary feedback caused by the immune system. Inflammation is actually a swelling and redness of the immune system response to illness or injury. Inflammation can be caused by a number of reasons such as external injuries, joint disease or joint pain. Here is the simple home remedy to treat inflammation.
Take the tender leaves of vilva (Bael) tree. Saute this in sesame oil. Make a poultice. Cool down and apply this on the inflamed part. It provides quick relief from inflammation.
Bael is anti-inflammatory in nature and thus it is highly effective in both acute and chronic inflammation.
Bael leaves medicinal health benefits.
- Bael leaves contain anti-diabetic, anti-fungal, anti-microbial, anti-bacterial properties. It also has nutrients such as antioxidants, minerals, and phytochemicals.
- Bael leaves extract is useful for increasing immunity and is effective in treating seasonal diseases like cold, cough and fever.
- The compound called phytochemicals are helpful in maintaining blood pressure.
- Bael has hypoglycemic properties that fight against free radicals and increases the level of antioxidants thereby reducing the risk of diabetes. Dried bael leaves powder is considered best remedy for diabetic patients.
- The antioxidants in bael leaves remove all toxins from the body and improves overall metabolism.
- Bael leaves concoction is known to relieve skin allergies and infections.
- Vilvam or bael leaves are antihepatotoxicity in nature and hence it has the ability to protect the liver from injuries and keeps it healthy. Bael leaves are highly recommended at the time liver infections such as jaundice, cirrhosis, and other liver disorders.
- It is known to regulate thyroid secretion thereby maintains normal thyroid level and prevents hyperthyroidism.
Note: Pregnant women must avoid taking bael leaves. Bael leaves help reduce blood sugar levels, so people who have hypoglycemic must consult a doctor before taking this remedy.
Follow the below simple steps in this DIY and know how to treat inflammation with bael leaves.