Teething is the usual part of growing for babies. Teething is a process, here the tooth cuts through the gums into the mouth and this causes pain in babies during teething. Some of the common signs of teething may be biting, sucking, swollen gums, sleepless at night, and wakeful during the day. The babies gum will be very soft and sensitive at this time. This may be one reasons for the baby to turn away from breast or bottle when she’s teething. Here is the simple home remedy to cure teething pain in babies.
Take two teaspoons of fennel seeds. Boil in water, cool down and strain the water. Give few teaspoons daily in periodic intervals.
Fennel seed – Names in other languages
- Scientific name – Foeniculum vulgare
- English – Fennel seed
- Hindi – Saunf
- Sanskrit – Madhurika
- Malayalam – Perunjeeragam
- Bengali – Radhuni
- Tamil – Sombu
- Kannada – Badi-sopu
- Telugu – Sopu
Benefits of fennel water
Fennel water is rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, potassium, magnesium, zinc, phosphorous, sodium, iron, protein, water, thiamin and niacin. Fennel water contains all these medicinal properties, thus cures painful teething.
Fennel water provides many health benefits to your baby.
- This water acts as a powerful remedy for colic. Colic means painful stomach cramps that are commonly seen in babies. Fennel water contains flatulence reducing properties, so feeding small quantities three times a day for about a week can reduce baby stomach pain.
- The same water is very effective against indigestion, atonic dyspepsia, and biliousness.
- Fennel seeds can also be given to treat respiratory disorders such as cough, lung abscesses, asthma and bronchitis.
- Fennel water contains antimicrobial properties. It controls bacteria, pathogenic microbes as well as fungal species.
- The antioxidants present in fennel are good for babies. Babies will have good appetite and consume more than their size because of their fast growth. Because of this heavy appetite, they release more free radicals. These free radicals have to be balanced with antioxidants, as they can damage the surrounding cells and tissues.
Follow the below simple steps and know how to cure pain in babies during teething.