One of the most commonly made herbal teas, chamomile tea is a very flavourful and aromatic tea. The recipe here is to make chamomile tea with dried chamomile flowers.
Health benefits of Chamomile:
- Flowers of chamomile can reduce stress levels and help to reduce symptoms of depression. Those fighting depression or insomnia can consume two small cups of chamomile tea a day. You can also add a crushed star anise pod to the tea to improve its flavor.
- Chamomile tea can improve immunity and prevent frequent common cold and flu. Just about 2-3 cups of chamomile tea per week can go a long way in building a healthy immune system.
- The flowers can improve digestion, prevent nausea and vomiting. It can also reduce stomach ache due to digestion problems.
- It is good for skin and can lighten dark spots on the skin. It can also help to delay signs of ageing and gives younger looking skin.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties and is hence good to reduce pain due to inflammation.
- Chamomile flowers are also known to have properties that can prevent cancer.
In addition, the oils present in chamomile can be used to reduce pain due to muscle spasms, cure menstrual disorders and can cure various forms of ulcers. A mouth wash made using chamomile flowers can help to cure ulcers in the mouth.
A cup of herbal chamomile tea everyday is good to manage diabetes.
It has been used for years in traditional medicine as a therapeutic agent due to its curative properties.