For digestion to take place, a digestive juice is secreted which is nothing but Hydrochloric acid. This helps to break down the food into smaller particles. But for some, there is an excessive amount of this digestive juice that is secreted. This causes acid reflux, bloated feeling, excessive burping, not stop hiccups, a sesation of food being stuck in your throat, heart burn and nausea. This remedy is useful to treat hyperacidity at home.
Haritaki powder and black raisins are used to cure hyperacidity gradually. Follow this for atleast 2 months to get a cure. In this remedy, black raisins have been used. You can also use the usual brown ones. Studies show that raisins are beneficial to treat the symptoms of gastro intestinal disorders including hyperacidity.
In addition to this remedy, incorporate the below in your lifestyle –
- Eat small meals in regular intervals. Eat on time. Do not go to bed immediately after a meal.
- Do not skip a meal.
- Remove alcohol and aerated drinks from your diet. Quit smoking.
- Avoid the consumption of too hot or spicy foods. Consume mildly spicy foods to retain a balance of flavours.
- Reduce intake of milk and milk products.
- Switch to sesame or coconut oil.
- Drink substantial amounts of water daily.
- Cut down coffee and tea. You can also reduce intake of vegetables such as tomatoes and onions. Some also have reactions because of consuming citrus fruits. See what works and does not work for you. Stick to a favorable diet.
- Do some mild exercise daily.
- Some people with hyperacidity might lose weight. But if you see a bloated stomach or if you gain weight, step up your exercise schedules.
Merely following a home remedy without the above changes will not yield results. This remedy can help to cure hyperacidity faster but it is essential to have a healthy diet.
Below is the recipe.