Libido is also called as the hormone responsible for sex drive. When there is an imbalance in the hormone levels, It becomes one of the main causes for loss of interest in sex. There are other reasons for loss of interest in sex, like medication, physical injury, medical conditions, depression, heavy physical work load or over tired body. There are many ways through which the hormone imbalances can be corrected. When you approach a doctor, he or she will prescribe medications that will help you boost libido. Self medications without a doctor’s advice is not recommended.
There are many natural foods that help to increase libido. Cinnamon is one among them. Cinnamon is one of the popular spices, that has been used since ancient times to increase sexual interest. Cinnamon promotes libido in natural way.
Cinnamon extracted from the inner bark of the tree Cinnamomum. This particular spice is popular in all parts of the world for its unique fragrance. It has been in use since ancient times for the medicinal properties in it. In Asia, it is regularly used for cooking and culinary arts.
There are two types of cinnamon – Cassia and ceylon. Click here to read more about it. Ceylon cinnamon is widely used for its medicinal properties which provides many health benefits.
Cinnamon – Names in other languages
- Scientific name – Cinnamomum verum
- English – Cinnamon
- Hindi – Dalchini
- Sanskrit – Darusita/ Tvak
- Malayalam – Karuvapatta
- Bengali – Daroochini
- Tamil – Lavangapattai
- Kannada – Lavanga chakke
- Telugu – Dalchina chekka
Cinnamon is a one of the popular spices that contain carbohydrates, energy, protein, fat (good), dietary fiber, folate, niacin, thiamin, riboflavin, vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin C, and vitamin K. Cinnamon is a rich source of Calcium. It also contains copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorous and zinc. It is also a good source of sodium and potassium.
Health benefits of cinnamon
- Power packed with anti-oxidants – Cinnamon contains many anti-oxidants that helps your body recover form the damages caused by free radicals. It also helps you to prevent further free radicals entering your body.
- Anti-inflammatory – When there are internal inflammations, cinnamon will help you reduce the inflammation and reduce pain effectively. They also have soothing properties, which calms your muscles and tissues.
- Improves digestion – The high amount of dietary fiber in cinnamon, plays an important role in regulating digestion and bowel movements. It is also said that it treats inflammation in the intestines.
- Improves metabolism – This spice has the ability to regulate metabolism when consumed regularly. When the metabolism is corrected, the absorption of nutrients from food consumed is properly done by the internal organs. It also regulates your appetite.
- Improves oral health – Cinnamon is used as a local anesthesia when there are problems in gums and roots. It contains a compound called Eugenol, which acts like a local anesthesia. It also helps to prevent further infection in the mouth and gums.
- Prevents blood clotting – Cinnamaldehyde is a compound in cinnamon, which helps to prevent blood clotting. This property helps to prevent heart conditions like cardiac arrest, stroke and block in arteries.
- Treats flatulence – consumption of cinnamon helps to reduce gas accumulation, bloating and flatulence.
- Diabetic friendly – Cinnamon has the ability to increase sensitivity towards insulin. It helps to lower blood sugar levels and prevents spikes. It controls the amount of glucose that enters into the blood stream. When cinnamon is regularly consumed, it can bring the blood sugar levels to normal and also prevent further increase.
- Improves brain function – The compounds present in cinnamon helps to protect neurons and improves the function of brain.
- Anti-bacteria and anti-fungal – Cinnamon acts as a natural anti-bacterial and anti-fungal when there is a infection. It is also found to cure respiratory infections caused by fungi infections.
- Reduces cough and phlegm – Cinnamon helps to reduce phlegm when consumed on a regular basis. When cinnamon powder is consumed with warm water, it reduces cough also.
- Aids weight loss – Cinnamon is one of the important spices that helps to reduce weight. When the metabolism is regulated, it regulates the food intake. It also helps to absorb complete nutrition from the food consumed. It reduces the craving for junk foods. Click here to know how to use cinnamon for weight loss.
- Boosts libido – Many conditions like high blood pressure, high blood sugar or obesity cause loss of interest in sex. When the libido is low, your interest comes down. Cinnamon is one of the spices that helps you boost sexual desire. It has the ability to regulate blood pressure, blood sugar and boosts metabolism. It also imporves the hormone balance which leads to libido boost.
Daily intake of cinnamon with warm milk, before going to sleep is best to ease and strengthen the muscle for longer libido. Also honey helps to increase stamina.
Follow the recipe instructions to know how to use cinnamon to boot libido.
Follow the DIY recipe to know how make cinnamon milk.