Diabetes brings about lot of restriction in the life style of a person and especially the restrictions are more in the case of diet. A person diagnosed with diabetes must plan their meals, snack and breakfast to keep them healthy. Same planning has to be done for the drinks as well. A diabetic patient must limit the daily calorie intake from beverages and here is the best liquid to quench thirst for diabetes.
Take 4 to 5 lemon fruits. Cut and get the extract. Pour boiling hot water. Mix well and drink.
Lemon has high amount of vitamin C, calcium phosphorous, thiamine and soluble fibre. Lemon also contains flavonoids, naringenin, and naringin all these have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects. The soluble fibre content may help to reduce blood sugar levels and reduce heart disease by lowering blood pressure and cholesterol. Naringenin a chemical compound found in lemon have anti-diabetic properties. Taking high amount of lemon juice may help reduce blood sugar level and also increases insulin levels.
Lemon juice is lower in calories and carbohydrates. As like plain water, lemon juice is also a good way to hydrate. Lemon has good flavour, so everyone likes to drink lemon juice.
- 4 to 5 Lemon fruits
- 1 litre Water
- To make the drink use lemon fruits and water.
- Cut 4 to 5 lemon fruits.
- Squeeze the extract, and remove the seeds.
- Add one litre of water to pan.
- Boil the water for few minutes.
- Add boiled hot water to lemon extract. Mix the water and extract.
- The drink is done.
Other health benefits of lemon juice:
- Lemon contains polyphenols, it has the ability to suppress the accumulation of fat in the abdominal area.
- Lemon juice acts as a cleansing agent. The acid present in lemon is anti-bacterial and anti-septic. So it acts as natural bleach.
- Regular intake of lemon juice helps to lose excessive weight.
- A glass of lemon water on an empty stomach is the perfect way for a diabetic to start the day.
Lemon juice is acidic in nature, so too much intake may erode tooth enamel over time resulting in tooth decay. Drinking lemon juice with straw or rinsing mouth with water after drinking lemon juice may help avoid this issue.
Follow the below simple steps and know how to quench thirst for diabetics.