Chamomile has amazing health benefits and can also be useful for healthy skin and hair. Here are the steps to make a homemade chamomile face scrub.
Benefits of Chamomile for skin:
- Chamomile can cure acne scars and helps in healing dark spots.
- It can help to promote soft skin and as a scrub, works as a gentle exfoliant.
- The flowers of chamomile can lighten skin and is hence used to reduce sun tan.
- These flowers can also protect the skin from damage due to free radicals.
Benefits of cumin for skin:
- Cumin has excellent anti-ageing benefits. It can reduce and prevent sagging of the skin.
- It can reduce dark spots due to ageing and wrinkles. This is due to the presence of Vitamin E in cumin seeds.
- It has anti-oxidants and substantial amounts of free radicals that helps to delay ageing and can promote youthful, clear skin.
- Both black and white cumin seeds have beneficial effects on the skin and these two can also be made into a face mask.
Cumin seeds – Names in other languages
- Scientific name – Cuminum cyminum
- English – Cumin seeds
- Hindi – Jeera
- Sanskrit – Jiraka
- Malayalam – Jeerakam
- Bengali – Jeera
- Tamil – Jeeragam
- Kannada – Jeerige
- Telugu – Jeelakari
Benefits of Himalayan salt for skin:
- Himalayan salt or pink salt has purifying effects on the skin.
- Magnesium present in pink salt can heal damaged skin and also clear impurities present in the skin.
- It has various other minerals in it which can act as a natural facial cleanser.
- Pink salt can also prevent breakout of pimples and acne. It is excellent for those with oily skin and can help to regulate the secretion of oil.
- Himalayan salt can also be used along with bath salt to cleanse the body.
This combination of pink salt, cumin seeds and dried chamomile flowers can hence be a great detoxifying scrub. You can use this scrub everyday for overall healthy skin.
Here are the steps to make a scrub using dried chamomile flowers, pink salt and white cumin seeds.
- 1 tablespoon Dried Chamomile flowers
- 2 teaspoons Cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Pink salt Also known as Himalayan salt
- Use dried chamomile flowers, Himalayan salt (also known as pink salt) and cumin seeds to make this face scrub.
- Place 1 tablespoon of dried flowers in a blender.
- Add about 2 teaspoons of cumin seeds.
- Add 1 teaspoon of pink salt.
- Blend all ingredients together into a coarse powder.
- The face scrub is done.
- Mix rose water or just water to the powder.
- Mix and use like any other face scrub.
- Gently use it all over your face and neck.
- Wash off with a plain water.