Garlic is rich in antioxidants, flavonoids, enzymes, vitamins and minerals. Garlic has anti-platelet and anticoagulant properties. This prevents the formation of clots and improves blood circulation. The other spice used in this recipe – turmeric contains an active compound called curcumin, which has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. This fights against cardiac problems and strengthens heart naturally. This milk can thus help to prevent heart diseases over a period of time.
Regular consumption of warm garlic and turmeric milk reduces (LDL) bad cholesterol and increases (HDL) good cholesterol in the body.
Follow the recipe below.
- 10 Garlic pods
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 250 ml Milk
- 200 ml Water
- Honey (as required)
- To make this herbal milk, use milk, water, garlic, turmeric powder and honey.
- Remove the skin and chop garlic pods.
- Add 250 ml of milk to a pan.
- Add 150 ml water.
- Add chopped garlic pods.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder.
- Boil for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a glass and add honey.
- Mix well.
- Herbal milk is done.