Body odor is an unpleasant smell produced by bacteria that live on the skin. The bad odor is the result of bacteria breaking down protein into acids.
Simple natural remedies can help you to get rid of this odor. Lemon is considered as one of the best home remedies to treat unpleasant body odor. Lemon is acidic in nature and that can fight against the odor producing bacteria. Anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties of lemon kills odor causing bacteria and removes body odor.
Take a cup of water and add lemon juice and half teaspoon salt. Mix well. Add this water in the water you bathe or directly you can squeeze lemon juice and add salt on bathing water. Mix and use this water to bathe. This prevents body odor and smell fresh on summer days.
Lemon juice can be applied on the underarms and other sweat prone areas of the body. But sometimes, direct application may cause tingling sensation and irritation. To avoid this, you can use lemon in a diluted form instead of applying the concentrated juice. Using lemon water for bathing gives a number of other benefits.
- Lemon water bath provides relaxation and also improves mental and physical health.
- It warms up and relaxes painful and sore muscles.
- It pulls out harmful toxins from the body through the skin.
- It helps evens out the body’s skin tone and clears blemishes.
Adding salt to bathing water is an easy way of cleansing the body. Salt is also helpful in eliminating toxins from the body. It increases blood circulation, and relieves muscular aches and joint pains.
Follow the simple steps in this DIY and know how to prevent body odor with lemon juice.
- 1 medium Lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 glass Water
- Use lemon, salt and water. You can also use Himalayan salt for more beneficial results.
- Cut and squeeze a lemon. Extract the juice.
- Take one glass of water.
- Add lemon juice to the water.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Mix it well.
- Add this mixed water to bathing water and take bath.