Dry skin is not sign of skin disease, but it creates skin itching, cracking and scaling. Dry skin may occur due to variety of reasons. It may be due to continuous usage of harsh soaps, rough clothing, moisturizing creams, or long hot showers or sometimes low humidity or cold temperature. A medical condition and medicine intake can also result in dry skin.
You do not have to buy expensive lotions and face cream to overcome this problem. Okra, also commonly known as lady’s finger seems to be the best way to moisturise dry skin. Okra is used in many recipes and it is highly beneficial to health. The slimy material found inside okra has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, analgesic, anti-inflammatory and rehydrating properties in it. All these properties work well against dry skin, acne, scars and any kind of skin infections.
Okra is rich in dietary fibre. Dietary fibre keeps the digestive system healthy, which reflects through a healthy looking skin. Okra is also rich in vitamin C and body needs this essential nutrient to make collagen. Collagen is a protein that supports muscles, bones, blood vessels, ligaments, keeps the skin and other organs together. Collagen deficiency makes skin look dull and lifeless. Vitamin C plays an important role in skin care treatments. It protects skin from free radicals, ultraviolet radiation and the effect of sunlight exposure. Also it heals wounds faster, improves skin texture, protects skin cells, retains moisture, reduce wrinkles and signs of aging.
To enjoy all these skin benefits, do this simple home remedy.
Take two to three fresh okra (lady’s finger) chop into finger size pieces. Boil the cut pieces in water for five minutes. Switch off the flame. Remove it from water after 5 minutes. Blend well into a paste with yogurt and 1 teaspoon olive oil. Apply this paste on face as a face mask. Wash off after 20 minutes. Regular application of okra face mask helps cure dry skin and repairs all skin problems.
- 2 Fresh Okra (Lady's finger)
- 2 teaspoons Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Water (as required)
- To make this okra face pack, use okra (lady's finger), yogurt, olive oil, and water.
- Chop okra along its length into finger size pieces.
- Add two glasses of water to pan.
- Add chopped okra to the water.
- Boil for five minutes.
- Switch off and allow to cool after boiling. Transfer to a plate.
- Add boiled okra to blender.
- Add two teaspoons of yogurt to blender.
- Add one teaspoon olive oil to blender.
- Blend the ingredients well.
- Okra face pack is done.
- Apply this paste as a face mask.
- Leave the pack for 20 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water.
- Repeat once daily to moisturise dry skin.