Strawberry is one of the nutritious fruits available. It has many vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants that provides cure for many skin ailments and internal health issues. This strawberry scrub DIY recipe explains how to prepare feet scrub using strawberry, coffee powder and crystal salt (kallu uppu in Tamil). This scrub can gently exfoliate and treat sore/cracked skin on your feet. Let us look into the benefits each ingredient provides for skin.
Benefits of strawberry: Strawberries are rich in Vitamin C and are packed with anti-oxidants. Strawberry contains Ellagic acid which is very important in blocking harmful UV rays that affect the skin. When this is applied externally, our skin is protected from harmful rays. The anti-oxidants prevents skin from aging. The skin lightening property in strawberry treats dark skin and dark spots, which can also fade sun tan.
Benefits of coffee powder: Coffee powder contains caffeine, that many not be good for health but it contains many benefits when applied externally on the skin. Coffee powder is very rich in anti-oxidants that protects the skin from aging. It also protects the skin from pollution, damage caused due to heat and light. When used as an ingredient in a scrub, it gently exfoliates the skin and removes dead skin cells. It also stimulates regeneration of new cells.
Benefits of salt: Salt treats many skin ailments and restores the moisture balance on the skin. The minerals in crystal/sea salt helps to reduce dryness, dullness and irritation on the skin. It also exfoliates the skin very gently to remove dead skin cells. Salt also cleans pores and open wounds effectively. This reduces the chances of infection and cures if there are any wounds in the cracks.
When all these ingredients are combined together and used as a scrub, it treats the cracks and improves the moisture on the skin.
- 2 Strawberry
- 1 teaspoon Coffee powder
- 1 teaspoon Crystal salt
- To have a smooth feet, you need strawberry, crystal salt and coffee powder.
- First chop strawberry into small pieces.
- Add the chopped strawberry to blender.
- Blend it with little water.
- Strain the blended strawberry and extract the juice from it.
- Add coffee powder to the extract.
- Add crystal salt to the extract.
- Mix well and use it.
- Clean your feet with warm water.
- Apply this mix on your feet and cracked skin on the feet.
- Gently scrub for 10 minutes.
- Let the mixture on your feet for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water.
- Towel dry and apply moisturizer.