Youthful skin is something everyone loves to boast about ! To maintain young skin is a difficult task when the environment is full of pollution and toxins. There are many cosmetics and over the counter medications available to delay aging, but, it come with some sort of side effects. To maintain and revitalize the skin, its always to stick to natural remedies. Lotus flower anti-aging face pack is all natural and this DIY explains how to prepare the face pack.
Benefits of lotus petals:
Lotus flower is an easily available flower that contains essential nutrients for a healthy skin. Lotus petals are power packed with Vitamin C, B complex and minerals. These nutrients help the skin to boost complexion, nourishes the skin and also improves the elasticity. Lotus petals also contains high amounts anti-oxidants that helps to remove toxins and protects the skin from free radicals. The water content in lotus flower hydrates the skin that helps in reducing dryness.
Benefits of sandalwood:
Sandalwood paste or powder contains many medicinal properties that help in treating many skin ailments like rashes, psoriasis, eczema and many more. The cooling property reduces the occurrence of acne ad pimples. Regular use of sandalwood on skin reduces blemishes, dark spots and pimple marks. The natural oil in sandalwood boosts skin glow and nourishes from deep within. This also helps to reduce skin tan and damage caused by exposure to sun’s harmful UV rays.
Benefits of honey and milk:
Medicinal benefits of honey and milk nourish the skin when applied externally. The water content in honey and milk helps the skin to stay hydrated and nourishes with essential nutrients. Honey contains natural anti-oxidants that helps to protect the skin from free radicals and reduces aging.
When this face pack is used on a regular basis, it tightens the pore and reduces skin sagging. Follow the instructions in this recipe to prepare the face pack.
- 10-15 Lotus flower petals
- 1 teaspoon Sandalwood powder
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Milk
- To prepare this refreshing anti-aging face mask, you need fresh lotus flower petals, sandalwood powder or paste, milk and honey.
- First, separate petals from flower.
- Cleanse it and place them in a blender.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon milk to the petals in blender.
- Blend it well.
- Collect the blended petals in a glass or plastic bowl.
- Now add sandalwood powder or sandalwood paste to the blended petals.
- Add honey.
- Mix well and use the paste.
- Cleanse face and neck using warm water and pat it dry.
- Now, apply a thick layer of lotus petal face pack.
- Let it stay on the skin for 30 minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water.
- Pat dry with soft towel.
- Apply skin moisturizer if required.