Hair care has become one big concern for many because of hair fall, dandruff and premature graying. Frequent usage of chemical based shampoos only aggravates the condition. Just like ancient times, usage of home made herbal shampoo can protect your hair and also provide necessary nutrition to boost hair growth.
Follow this DIY recipe to prepare shampoo at home.
- 100 gm Dry soap nuts
- 100 gm Dry hibiscus petals
- 100 gm Dry amla (Indian gooseberry)
- 1 litre Water
- To prepare home made herbal shampoo, all you need is water, soap nuts, amla and hibiscus petals.
- Take a vessel that is big enough to hold one litre of water in it.
- Add one litre water to the vessel.
- Add all ingredients to the water.
- Let all the ingredients soak in water for 24 hours.
- Soaked ingredients.
- Soap nuts are foamy by nature. After soaking, squeeze soap nuts to remove the seed or just tear the outer skin to get more froth/foam.
- Switch on the flame and boil it for 20 minutes.
- Strain it.
- Let it cool and store it in a container (glass or plastic).
- Rinse hair with water.
- Apply liberal amount of shampoo on scalp and hair.
- Massage gently.
- Rinse it off with running water.
- Repeat process if required.