Gulkand or sweet rose petal jam, is an Indian delicacy and is very simple to prepare it. It is one of the popular medicines in Ayurveda for treating – body heat, constipation during pregnancy, acidity, menstrual pain, ulcers, blood purification, digestion issues and the list goes on.
Usually Gulkand is prepared with sugar or honey, this DIY explains how to prepare Gulkand with rose petals and palm sugar.
- 250 gm Rose flower (fresh)
- 100 gm Palm sugar
- To prepare Gulkand, all you need is fresh rose flowers and palm sugar. You can also use white sugar or honey instead of palm sugar.
- Now, separate rose petals from the flower.
- Clean the petals in plain water.
- Strain excess water.
- Place the petals on a dry towel in shadow to remove water.
- Take a clean and dry airtight glass container.
- Place one layer of rose petals at the bottom.
- Place one layer of palm sugar above the petals.
- Now place petals and palm sugar in alternate layers in the container. Close the container tightly.
- Place the container in sunlight for 8 to 10 days.
- Stir the contents once or twice a day with a clean and dry spoon.
- After sunlight exposure for 10 days, your delicious Gulkand will be ready !