Ayurveda tea (s) are traditional herbal teas prepared with special ingredients. Ayurvedic tea is specially used to detoxify and cleanse the body. Depending on the mix of ingredients, drinking ayurvedic blend can help enhance energy, aid digestion, cleanse body, calm nerves, promotes emotional well-being and provide other health benefits.
To make ayurvedic tea use dry ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, clove, black pepper, star anise, organic tea powder and water.
Heat one glass of water in a pan, add all the herbal ingredients in equal quantity, and add one teaspoon of organic tea powder. Boil all the ingredients in medium flame for five minutes and switch off the flame. Strain and enjoy the ayurvedic tea.
- 1 teaspoon Organic tea powder
- Small piece Dry ginger
- Few Cinnamon sticks
- 1 Star anise
- 1 Clove
- 1 Black pepper
- 1 Cardamom
- 250 ml Water
- To make ayurvedic tea use organic tea powder, dry ginger, cinnamon, clove, black pepper, star anise, cardamom and water.
- Take a small piece of dry ginger, add to mortar.
- Crush the dry ginger into powder form.
- Add 250 ml water to a pan.
- Add crushed dry ginger to water.
- Add few pieces of cinnamon.
- Take one cardamom, peel and add to water.
- Add one black pepper and one clove.
- Break star anise and add to water.
- Add one teaspoon of organic tea powder to it.
- Boil all the ingredients in low flame for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Strain the decoction.
- If you want, you can add little palm sugar and enjoy...
Health benefits of Ayurveda tea
Dry ginger – The anti-inflammatory compounds found in dry ginger relieves headache and migraine. The antioxidants presences in dry ginger boosts immunity and reduce the effects of free radicals. It aids in better digestion.
Dry ginger – Names in other languages:
- Scientific name – Zingiber officinale
- English – Dry ginger
- Hindi – Sonth
- Sanskrit – Sunthi
- Malayalam – Chukku
- Bengali – Sonth
- Tamil – Sukku
- Kannada – Shunti
- Telugu – Sonti
Cinnamon – Cinnamon provides a wide range of health benefits. It has the ability to aid in weight loss, lower cholesterol levels, regulates blood sugar, improves digestion, and prevent chronic diseases.
Cinnamon – Names in other languages
- Scientific name – Cinnamomum verum
- English – Cinnamon
- Hindi – Dalchini
- Sanskrit – Darusita/ Tvak
- Malayalam – Karuvapatta
- Bengali – Daroochini
- Tamil – Lavangapattai
- Kannada – Lavanga chakke
- Telugu – Dalchina chekka
Cardamom – The top benefits of cardamom includes detoxifying the body, healing respiratory issues, easing menstrual symptoms, improving bad breath, reducing skin irritation. Boost blood circulation, and lower blood pressure.
Cardamom – Names in other languages
- Scientific name – Elettaria Cardamomum Maton
- English – Cardamom
- Hindi – Choti Elaichi
- Sanskrit – Ela
- Malayalam – Elakkaya
- Bengali – Elach
- Tamil – Elakkai
- Kannada – Yalakki
- Telugu – Yalakulu
Clove – Cloves is also aids in digestion, stimulates saliva production and blood flow. Cloves have been used since ancient times to kill all the intestinal parasites. The anti-inflammatory compounds in clove are responsible for clearing all parasites from the body.
Cloves – Names in other languages
- Scientific name – Syzygium aromaticum
- English – Clove
- Hindi – Laung
- Sanskrit – Lavangaha
- Malayalam – Grambu
- Bengali – Labango
- Tamil – Krambu
- Kannada – Lavangapattai
- Telugu – Lavangam
Black pepper – Same like other ingredients black pepper is also provides number of health benefits. Black pepper increases hydrochloric acid secretion in the stomach, thereby facilitates digestion. It aids in weight loss, treats sinus, asthma, and nasal congestion.
Star anise – It contains anethole, terpineol, and thymol which are helpful for treating cough and flu. Star anise helps to treat digestive ailments such as gas, indigestion, bloating and constipation.
Star Anise – Names in other languages
- Scientific name – Illicium verum
- English – Star anise
- Hindi – Anasphal
- Sanskrit – Thakkolam
- Malayalam – Takkolam
- Bengali – Chakro Phool
- Tamil – Annasi poo
- Kannada – Kadamba
- Telugu – Anaspuvu
Follow the below steps for making Ayurveda tea.