You can make a delightful aromatic lip balm at home using a few basic ingredients. I chose honey and almonds as the key ingredients for this lip balm.
Unlike the store bought ones, this stays on fr longer periods of time and the fragrance is just lovely. No chemicals and is easy to make. Unbeatable, right?!
I asked my mother in law to try it and she just loved it! Looks like I have a few more batches to make now 🙂 !
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Almond oil
- 2 tbsp Beeswax Roughly about 6 - 8 small cubes.
- Beeswax is available in various organic stores. I have used organic honey and for carrier oil, almond oil has been used. This oil is light and is a perfect fit for lip balm.
- In a vessel take beeswax and almond oil.
- Allow the two ingredients to melt together on medium heat for a few minutes.
- Switch off when the wax has fully melted as shown.
- Now add 1 tablespoon of honey to the oil - wax mixture.
- Heat the three together again for a couple of minutes and stir if required. Switch off.
- Carefully pour the melted hot wax into a container. Be careful while pouring.
- Close the container and allow it to cool down at its own pace. Keeping overnight or at least 6 hours would be sufficient.
- Our natural lip balm is now ready for use!