Licorice root is a fragrant herb with various medicinal properties. Licorice root can increase sperm count in men and also increase semen quality. This is hence an effective treatment for male infertility as well.
Licorice – Names in other languages
- Scientific name – Glycyrrhiza glabra
- English – Licorice
- Hindi – Mulethi
- Sanskrit – Madhurika
- Malayalam – Iratti Madhuram
- Bengali – Yashtimadhu
- Tamil – Adhimadhuram
- Kannada – Atimadhura
- Telugu – Adhimadhuram
Here is a simple recipe to increase sperm count.
- 2 pieces Licorice root Known as Athimathuram in Tamil
- 100 ml Milk Use cow milk
- 2 teaspoons Honey
- You will need licorice root to make this herbal drink. Licorice root is easily available in Ayurveda / native medicine stores.
- Take two small pieces of licorice root in a mortar.
- Crush well with a pestle.
- Crush it into pieces as shown. Licorice root is very hard and crushing is necessary to get a stronger extract.
- Take milk in a vessel.
- Add crushed licorice root to milk.
- Allow the milk to boil.
- Switch off and let the licorice steep in the milk for at least 10 minutes.
- Add 2 teaspoons honey when the milk is still warm.
- Stir well.