Kiwi fruit is advised by many to cure dengue since it can increase the platelet count and help to fight against the symptoms of dengue. Flax seeds contain Essential fatty acids and this helps to build immunity. It is essential to improve platelet count as well as improve immunity while affected by dengue. This smoothie is easy to make but very effective for all ages.
The patient can also be treated with natural home remedies such as papaya leaves, kiwi and other food items that have been proven to help in the increase of platelet count, which gets affected during dengue.
Raju, D. M. et al., 2015. Study of Diseases like Malaria, Chikungunya and Dengue caused by Mosquitoes in Human kind.. International Journal of Pharmacy and Analytical research, 4(2), pp. 94-99.
Fruit juices such as watermelon, guava, kiwi, papaya, and other fruits rich in vitamin C are must for dengue patients. It helps the production of lymphocytes and strengthens the immune system of the body.
Singh, K. et al., 2016. Prevention and control of dengue by herbal remedies. Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research, 8(3), pp. 708-713.
- Take 3 fresh Kiwi fruits and a tablespoon of flaxseeds.
- Cut off the corners of the fruit.
- Remove the outer skin of the kiwi fruit.
- Shop into smaller pieces for ease of blending.
- Place the pieces in a blender.
- Add 1 tablespoon of flax seeds.
- Blend till smooth.
- Add water and blend once to dilute the smoothie and to make it drinkable.
- And.. done.