Jasmine has been used as a perfume, in toiletries and for its aphrodisiac properties for centuries. But this fragrant flower is much more than that. Jasmine flowers and leaves have medicinal benefits too. One of this is the ability of jasmine to relieve pain during menstruation and menstrual cramps.
Below is a DIY that shows how you can combine the detoxifying effects of Himalayan salt and the benefits of Jasmine essential oil to make a fragrant bath salt. This bath salt can be used regularly for relieving stress as well.
- 4 tablespoons Himalayan salt Also known as Pink salt.
- 10 -15 drops Jasmine essential oil
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil You can also use any other carrier oil such as Jojoba oil.
- Take Himalayan salt, pure coconut oil and Jasmine essential oil.
- In a bowl, take himalayan salt.
- Add coconut oil to the salt. This is used as a carrier oil for better moisturizing benefits for the skin.
- Add around 10 drops of jasmine essential oil. Essential oils are very strong and hence always use them minimally.
- Mix all these together well.
- Allow the salt to sit for about 10 minutes and then it is good to use!