Mother’s milk has all the nutrients and that is the best food for babies. Nutritious diet rich in vitamins, minerals, calcium, iron including lots of fluid is also important to maintain the quality and quantity of milk. Many foods, herbs and spices can increase breast milk. Adding lactogenic foods and frequent nursing can increase milk supply.
Take a cup of white rice boil in water for 15 minutes. Once rice is boiled, allow it to cool down and filter the water. Now add fenugreek seeds on the filtered water and boil again for five to seven minutes. Remove from the stove, allow it to cool completely and then drink this fenugreek porridge to increase milk secretion.
Every breastfeeding mother need more than 300 calories each day (in addition to their regular diet) to improve milk supply. White rice porridge contains carbohydrates that help in restoring the lost calories during milk production. A nursing mother needs more calories every day to prevent them from having fatigue, hence making room for best milk production.
Fenugreek seeds are rich in essential nutrients such as vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B-6, protein, calcium, iron, magnesium, fibre, potassium, sodium and carbohydrates. Many breastfeeding women chose to take fenugreek seeds as a galactagogue. Fenugreek seeds are only one of the many alternatives that help to improve milk production. This fenugreek porridge not only increases breast milk, but it also cures digestive problems such as stomach ache, constipation, upset stomach, inflammation of the stomach, cools the body, lowers cholesterol, helps to lose weight, keeps sugar levels in control, stops hair fall post delivery and improves hair growth.
Follow the below simple steps and know how to increase the milk secretion with fenugreek seeds.
- 1 Cup White rice
- 1 tablespoon Fenugreek seeds
- Water (as required)
- To make this watery porridge use white rice, fenugreek seeds, and water.
- Add 250 ml of water to pan.
- Clean a cup of white rice and add to pan.
- Boil until rice gets cooked completely.
- Once the rice is boiled, allow it to cool completely.
- Filter the rice porridge water and pour it into a glass.
- Add the porridge water to a pan.
- Add one tablespoon of fenugreek seeds to porridge water.
- Boil for five minutes.
- Cool and transfer to a bowl. Fenugreek seed porridge is done.