PCOS – Poly cyctic ovary syndrome, is a condition which affects the hormone levels in women, which causes irregular periods and infertility. When this condition is not treated in time, small cysts develop in ovaries which make it difficult for women to get pregnant. It sometimes affect women right after puberty or even during adulthood. Many women have no symptoms at all and it goes un-noticed. Symptoms may be all of the mentioned below or few of those.
- Weight gain
- Unwanted hair growth (in chin, upper lips), called as hirsutism
- Hair fall and thinning of hair on the scalp
- Mood swings
- Lower back pain
- Insomnia or sleep issues
- Frequent headaches
- Hormonal imbalance like thyroid
The severity of the symptoms depends on the stages of the hormonal imbalance. PCOS can be diagnosed by getting a sonogram done, which will help you find if there are any cysts in the ovaries. If you are diagnosed, your doctor will prescribe hormone tablets which will help you balance the hormone levels. You will also be suggested to make some lifestyle changes which will help you recover from the condition.
When there is a natural ingredient that makes the condition reverse, why go for over the counter medicines. Caesalpinia Bonduc, called as Kalachikai in Tamil, is a miracle bean which helps you treat and cure PCOS. Kalachikai has many health benefits other than treating PCOS. It purifies blood, regulated blood sugar levels, antibacterial, antiseptic, antifungal, antiviral, antispasmodic and antirheumatic. It is found to be cancer protective when consumed on a regular basis.
When the bitter bean is consumed, it balances the hormone levels in the body and removes the cysts. This DIY recipe explains how to use Caesalpinia Bonduc to treat PCOS. Follow the simple instructions to prepare the medicinal powder.
- 10 - 15 Kalachikai (Caesalpinia bonduc)
- 50 grams Black pepper corns
- To prepare the powder, you need kalachikai and black pepper corns.
- First, add kalachikai in a heavy mortar.
- Use a pestle and break open the shell.
- Collect the bean which is inside the shell.
- Now, add the bean and black pepper corns to a dry blender.
- Blend it well to powder form.
- Now collect the powder. This can be stored for the next few more uses.
- Add one teaspoon of this powder to 50 ml water. Mix well.
- Ready to consume!
- Consume this drink everyday for a minimum period of 2 months to see the changes.