Sprain is an injury which affects the ligament when it is stretched beyond its functional range. The symptoms may be swelling and pain in the joints.
Turmeric is prominent for its anti-inflammatory and anti-spasmodic properties. Turmeric contains curcumin which is very effective against inflammation and stiffness of the joints. Salt has the ability to pull extra water out of skin or underlying tissues. The combination of the above mentioned is applied on the affected area helps in strengthening the muscles, tissues and joints.
While there are various over-the-counter sprays and gels that can be used, these cause a burning sensation and irritation. Turmeric on the other hand, is naturally good for skin.
Follow the simple instructions, to prepare turmeric paste for sprain.
- 2 teaspoons Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Water (as required)
- To get relief from pain and swelling, just use 2 teaspoons of turmeric, one teaspoon of salt and water as required.
- Take a clean pan, add water to it.
- Add 2 teaspoons of turmeric.
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Boil for few minutes, until it becomes thick paste.
- The paste is ready and you can apply it on the affected area, when it is hot.