Itchy skin is a common problem. Itching in one area or over your entire body creates irritation and uncontrollable sensation that makes you to scratch to relieve the feeling. Many skin conditions like eczema, dry skin, psoriasis, lice, chicken pox, and hives are the causes for itching. Itchy skin results in rashes, redness or another skin condition. Itchy skin can be controlled by following the below natural remedies at home.
Take 15 to 20 henna leaves, 3 to 4 garlic pods, 4 black pepper corns, ½ teaspoon of turmeric and water. Blend all the ingredients, strain and drink on an empty in the morning every day. Slowly this will control itching on skin.
Henna is a good herbal remedy and in combating skin problems like allergies, psoriasis, dry skin, eczema, burns, prickly heat and skin inflammation. Henna has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties thus refresh and soothe the skin. The fresh henna juice can be taken internally to treat all skin problems.
Garlic contains a compound called allicin which has anti-aging, antifungal and skin smoothing properties. Garlic is known to increase antioxidant levels of the body and skin. Allicin is an organosulfur compound presents in garlic that prevents infections and inflammations. Consuming 3 to 4 garlic pods every day works great to protect our skin from itching, damages caused by free radicals, oxidation and environmental stressors.
Turmeric is well known for skin benefits and it is one of the safe herbs to use internally and externally. The active ingredient called curcumin present in turmeric contains anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. All these properties help treat itching and inflammation in the body and all other skin problems. Consume ½ teaspoon of turmeric daily to treat bacterial infections responsible for itching and redness. The compound called curcumin in turmeric helps in relieving the itching and rashes.
Follow the below simple steps and know how to treat itchy skin with natural remedy.
- 10 to 15 leaves Fresh henna Marudhani in Tamil and Mehendi in Hindi
- 4 Garlic pods
- 4 Black pepper corns
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 Glass Water
- To make the drink use henna leaves, garlic, black pepper, turmeric powder and water,
- Take 4 garlic pods and peel off the skin.
- Add 10 to 15 fresh henna leaves to blender.
- Add garlic pods to blender.
- Add black pepper corns.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder to blender.
- Add half a glass of water before blending.
- Blend the ingredients well.
- Strain the extract.
- Herbal drink is done and it is ready to drink.
- Consume this drink every day on an empty stomach to treat itchy skin.
- Drink continuously for two months to get better results.