Itchy skin may occur over certain small areas like arms and legs or it may have all over your whole body. How to treat itchy skin at home is not a big issue. Use Keezhanelli (Seed under leaf) to treat itchy skin at home naturally. Most of the time itchiness on skin may create redness, spots or blisters, bumps, leathery or scaly texture to the skin. Rarely itchy skin can occur without any noticeable changes on the skin. Itchy skin creates irritation and that makes you want to scratch or rub the area, but continued scratching can damage your skin or cause infection.
Seed under leaf (Keezhanelli) scientifically called as phyllanthus Niruri and also called as stone breaker or gale of the wind is considered best for itchy skin. To treat itchy skin, take keezhanelli leaves, bark and roots, and black peppers. Boil both in two glasses of water until the decoction reduces to one glass. Cool and strain the decoction. Drink this decoction once in a day to cure itchiness on skin.
For oral application, take keezhanelli leaves and salt. Blend them well and make paste. Apply this paste on the skin affected area. This is useful in relieving itchy skin condition. Keezhanelli has antiviral, anti fungal and anti cancerous properties in it.
Seed under leaf (Keezhanelli) is good for many health issues.
- Keezhanelli is very effective against kidney stones and other kidney problems, so it is called as stone breaker. It is known to detoxify, tone and restore kidney health.
- In Ayurveda, this plant is considered to treat jaundice, viral and bacterial infections thus affecting liver health. The presence of chemical property called repandusinic acid, which is antiviral in nature cures liver and kidney problems.
- Seed under leaf plant is good for diabetes. This plant is known for its ability to control blood glucose levels. The bitter taste, anti-inflammatory, diuretic, hepatoprotective properties of keezhanelli plant helps maintain liver health and provides relief from diabetes.
- This is also good for acidity, migraine, and other skin problems like scabies, burns and wounds.
- The mixture of coconut oil and keezhanelli roots can wonders on regrow hair on the bald head.
Here is the recipe.
- 2 stalks Keezhanelli plant Seed under leaf
- 3-4 Black peppers
- 750 ml Water
- To make the decoction, use seed under leaf (Keezhanelli) plant, black pepper and water,
- Take the root of seed under leaf, its bark and leaves in a plate.
- Add 750 ml water to pan.
- Add the leaves, bark and roots to water.
- Add 3 to 4 black pepper corns.
- Boil the ingredients for five minutes until the quantity reduces to 250 ml.
- Allow to cool and strain the decoction.
- It is ready to drink.